Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been.
Information we collect from you and how we use it
Automated Information: Cookies
A cookie is an automatic identiﬁer which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. This enables our browser to respond to you as an individual and personalise your experience at ScobiesDirect.com to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traﬃc log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traﬃc and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall cookies help us provide you with a better experience on ScobiesDirect.com by enabling us to monitor which pages you ﬁnd useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. However this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website’s features.
Information you give us when you:
- Place and enquiry or order over the phone
- Place and enquiry or order online (either as a guest or by using your account)
- Enter a competition
- Sign up for news and oﬀers
How do we use the information we collect on you?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- To help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and oﬀers
- To keep track of sales and enquiries
- To monitor how our customers transact with us love the phone or online, for example by checking who has redeemed vouchers or bought items using our website or over the phone (for more information see Understanding Our Customers below)
- To contact you for views on our products and services
- To keep you informed about the products and services that we oﬀer (for more information on your choices see Keeping You Informed below)
- For market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site or over the phone (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or improve usefulness and content
- To notify you about important changes to our site or services
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updated on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
How your information is protected
We take the protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe.
Internally we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in Europe and will not be transferred to any other location.
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We never store your payment card details. We reveal only the last ﬁve digits of your payment card numbers when conﬁrming an order. We are required to transmit the entire card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- When you order goods from ScobiesDirect, via the website or over the phone, we will ask for your marketing preferences as we would like to send you information about other products and services that may be of interest.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
Therefore if you think any information we hold about you in incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as the address below as soon as possible so we can update our records.
Alternatively you may update your preferences via your account settings.
including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes and application of the laws of Scotland.
If you have any concerns about privacy at ScobiesDirect email a description to the address below and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly.
This website is operated by Scobie & Junor (Estd. 1919) Ltd. You may request details of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it please contact us.
Scobie & Junor (Estd. 1919) Ltd
1 Singer Road