Home: Recipes > Cures
Complete Dry CureRecipe #1526
Apply no more than a maximum of 5% of the weight of the meat to ensure that the preservative levels meetsthe current legal requirements.
+ Show Costings
+ Order Items
+ Modify Recipe
Step by Step Guide
1. Blend the above ingredients together to form the dry cure mix
2. The rind can also be removed to aid penetration.
3. Firmly rub the cure thoroughly over meat surface
4. If quite thick pierce flesh to help curing process
5. Stand the meat fat layer down in a suitable tray or bag
6. Cure for 4-5 days under refrigeration
7. Once cured, remove excess cure mix with cold water, do not soak the meat
8. The product should them be placed in the fridge to mature for a min of two days.