Home: Recipes > Cures
Cleansing PickleRecipe #1513
This is the first stage for curing. It is carried out after the pig has been cut. Its function is to clean the pork off all debris like blood and bone.
When you put the pork in the cleansing pickle, it will turn pink, and any debris will fall off and sink.
NB: Do not reuse the cleansing pickle.
+ Show Costings
+ Order Items
+ Modify Recipe
Step by Step Guide
1. Mix the water and salt togther in a clean container
2. Put the saltpetre in a saucepan with a little water, and heat until dissolved. Then leave to cool.
3. When cold, mix in with the water and salt
4. Chill in fridge for 24 hours
5. Put your pieces of pork in this solution for the following times: Hams and Shoulders - 60 mins, Middles - 30 mins, Streakys - 10 mins